Monday 6 May 2013

Exhibition Review: The Photographer's Gallery - Perspectives on Collage (My Primary Research)

In the Photographer's Gallery; Perspectives on Collage (located pn Ramillies Street, London) a variety of artists were exhibiting, such as: Roy Arden, Peggy Franck, Anna Parkina, Batia Suter, Laura Letinsky, Geraldo De Barros and many more.
Pictures I took in the gallery:
Geraldo De Barras, born in São Paulo in 1923, a painter, and founeder of the Expressionist painting studio.

Anna Parkina, a well known Russian artist, who was born in Moscow, 1979 and has had a large amount of exhibitions around the world.
My two favourite collages:
This collage was made by a Vancouver named Roy Arden (born 1957), who has had a very successful career, having his own exhibitions held in different gallery's such as: The Ikon Gallery, Vancouver Art Gallery and Galerie Tanit. I like this picture particularly as it seems very strange, due to the fact that he has placed a variety of materials and images with different colours ontop of each one, obscuring each aspect. 
I like this picture by Roy Arden because unlike the other artists work that has been displayed in the gallery, he has created a tactile collage.

My two least favourite collages:
Anna Parkina

Anna Parkina
I disliked these two collages made by Anna Parkina because I didn't understand the subject of the art pieces, therefore I found them quite boring.

Overall I did enjoy the exhibition as it has broadened my knowledge of artistic displays allowing me experiment making collages after being inspired by the artists that had their work displayed in the exhibition. However it has not influenced me to make any long-term decisions on what subjects I will study in University or what career path I want to take, and I will not create a collage for my final outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment