Wednesday 10 October 2012

My Calligrams

Firstly to make this calligram I chose an object to draw and base my words on, so I decided to use the wine glass. I then brainstormed a variety of words that relate to the wine glass and the drink; wine. Once I had enough words, I drew a wine glass onto a piece of plain white paper and filled it in with words of different sizes and fonts as a typography experiment. I tried to give it an extra effect by writing the words in the shape of each section of the glass. For example: I wrote the word bubble in a curved way to show the shape of the section that holds the drink. 

I did this copy onto tracing paper so that I could scan it to put on my blog, as well as to edit it using Adobe Photoshop to fill it in with colour. This is what I did: 


No comments:

Post a Comment