Thursday 4 October 2012

M/M Paris

   
 This art piece was a type of typography done by an art partnership that includes Mathias Augustyniak and Michael Amzalag, who were established in 1992 in Paris and are now known as M/M Paris. They are mostly known for their art work and collaborations with various musicians such as: Etienne Daho, Jean-Louis Murat and Benjamin Biolay. They also done work with fashion designers e.g: Yohji Yamamoto, Calvin Klein and Stella McCartney and lastly, contempary artists such as: Philippe Parreno, Pierre Huyghe, Sarah Morris, Liam Gillick and Vinoodh Matadin.

I think that this typography work (image above) quite interesting as it is a completely different style to the typography I have ever come across. I think that this kind of typography is very eye catching as it is peculiar to the extent that you have to completely focus on the image to visualize what it actually is.  

This strange alteration and confusion of the picture has inspired me to create my own versions, using the computer and paper and a picture of myself.

I used Adobe Photoshop to take a picture of myself and then stuck the picture into my book to cover with a piece of black paper that I cut my name out of.

To do the fully computered version I used the same picture and illustrator with different word effects to alter the image using the letter 'B' using the tutorial below.




Another piece of work done by M/M Paris:


No comments:

Post a Comment